GREAT NEWS! We're in the midst of a matching challenge grant. Thanks to the huge generosity of a few special donors, every tax-deductible dollar you donate to Muttville will be MATCHED dollar-for-dollar up to $75,000!
From now until January 15, 2014,
What impact will your money have? Your gift of $50, doubled to $100, feeds a hungry senior dog for a month and pays for the vaccines he needs before being adopted. Your gift of $500, doubled to $1,000, covers the entire cost – medical, dental, transportation and daily care – of rescuing a typical Muttville dog. With that $500 donation, you literally save a life.
Thanks to our generous matching donors, you have the opportunity to save many more wonderful senior dogs stranded in local shelters, sentenced to death for nothing more than the crime of growing older. Please help us meet their challenge!
Use any major credit card to make a donation through PayPal. It’s safe and secure, and you don’t need to have a PayPal account. Just click the button below.
To give a donation as a gift, and/or in honor or in memory of someone, please fill out our gift donation form before going to PayPal.
If you’d prefer to write a check, please make it payable to Muttville and send it to:
P.O. Box 410207
San Francisco, CA 94141
Muttville is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so your contribution is 100% tax-deductible.
We are immensely grateful for your support. Thank you.
When you join the Muttville family of monthly sustainers, you are making a profound difference in the lives of senior dogs. Your commitment reduces the time we spend fundraising, helps us plan our operations, and – most important – allows us to rescue dogs we would otherwise be unable to help. Knowing that we have your ongoing support means that we can confidently say yes to many more loving, amazing souls.
When a mutt comes to Muttville, it is that dog’s lucky day. Many come to us battle-scarred, scared, and in need of healing. We start by showering them with love, getting them all the veterinary care they need, grooming them, and then loving them some more until we find them their forever homes.
Our monthly sustainers make that possible. Please join this special group of Muttville Mutt Guardians. Choose the level that works for you (minimum $10 a month), and your credit card will be automatically billed for that amount each month. To change or cancel your Mutt Guardian subscription at any time, simply contact us at email@example.com.
Every penny counts. We respect your donation and use each dollar wisely. Your donations are the reason we can do what we do. In 2012 we saved 382 mutts and we are on track to save 500 this year! WOW!
Click the button below to join the Muttville team.
Please note: In order to sign up to be a Mutt Guardian, you must use either Visa or MasterCard only.
To donate stock or other securities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can give you the information you’ll need to initiate the transfer from your brokerage account. Please include your full name and address, and the number of shares and name of the stock in your email, so we can properly identify the transfer when it occurs.
Car Donation Services makes it easy for you to donate your car, truck, RV, motorcycle or boat to Muttville. Fill out this form to donate your vehicle to Muttville. Once your vehicle is accepted, they’ll send you the necessary forms and arrange to pick up your vehicle and sell it for you. It’s easier than selling it yourself! Muttville get the proceeds from the sale. You get a tax deduction.
Do you have old clothes, appliances, furniture or other goods that you are looking to donate? Donate them to Community Thrift Store at 623 Valencia Street in SF and they will give back to Muttville! Just tell them that you are making the donation in Muttville’s name so they can track it. For more information visit http://www.communitythriftsf.org/donate/.
When Muttville rescues a dog, we are 100% committed to taking care of all the dog’s needs to prepare him or her to join a loving family. What does this mean?
Expenses differ depending on the dog, of course, but here are some approximate costs that will help you know where your donation dollars go:
- Blood work (all Muttville dogs have general blood work done so we can assess their health before they are allowed to be adopted): $100
- Microchipping to ensure Muttville’s contact information is permanently part of the dog ($75)
- Spay / neuter (all Muttville dogs are spayed / neutered prior to adoption): $50-$250 (special needs)
- Grooming (no cost when we do it, but some of our dogs really need a professional) : $0-$60
- Teeth cleaning (needed for nearly every dog we rescue): $100 and up
- Tooth extraction (many rescued dogs have bad teeth – and sometimes lots of them – that adversely impact their general health): $500-$800
- Other surgery, including eye removal, tumor removal and orthopedic: can run as high as $2,400
- Daily care until a permanent home can be found: $65/month
- microscope, ophthalmoscope
- a home that is multi dog friendly and rent free in or around the SF Bay area
- funding for our Executive Director position
- funding for our Seniors for Seniors program
- station wagon/mini van for transports
- dog medications, rimadyl, metacam, antibiotics, lactated ringers/fluids
- flea treatments
- food supplements for senior dogs
- dog food for seniors inc. special diets KD, ID, CD, RD, SO, SD
- items for silent auction fundraisers, gift certificates
- $$ for RX meds: we get them wholesale but it runs about $15,000 a year!
- home/land for a Muttville Senior Dog Sanctuary – hospice/adoption center in CA
- dog beds, bowls, leashes and collars
- a person with experience that can help in developing/manufacturing a line of Muttville products for senior dogs
- more foster homes!! more adopters!!
Help us save more mutts!
It's tax-deductible too!
Find out how you can
Be part of our team!
Interested in becoming a
“The Story of Muttville”
Get your official
Thank you to Muttville’s human friends who generously donate their goods and services.
David and Emily Pottruck
Hurvis Charitable Foundation
Jamie Anderson, DVM
Jennifer Scarlett, DVM
Siobhan O’Connor, DVM
Sit Stay Technology